1. I can't watch scary movies because I get too scared and then have nightmares for weeks. Even "Shaun of the Dead" scared me, and it wasn't even supposed to be scary. When I worked in L.A. for a sound company, my scream was recorded and is in a scary movie, but I'll never hear it because I'm never, ever going to watch it.
2. Folky guitar songs from the 70s, like ones from America and Bread, are pretty much it for me in terms of music. I wasn't even alive in the 70s, but I feel a huge connection to that singer-songwriter style of music and it's pretty much what I look for now in new music, and what I lean towards when I write my own songs. This song by Bread. I loves it:
3. I say that The Beatles are my favorite band ever, but it was only a few months ago that I got the pun in their name. What! That's embarrassing to admit.
4. Healthy food is awesome and makes me happy and feel great, but I still think about cookies pretty much non-stop. I want to hold a cookie and get all Brokeback Mountain and go, "I can't quit you!!" and then make out with it.
5. It's been over four years now that I've been gluten-free. That's four years of not feeling like crap every day. Booyah!
6. Speaking of - Audrey has started saying "Booyah!" all the time, and it's the greatest thing ever. She flaps her arms up and down and runs around yelling it.
7. At age 30, I am finally starting to get into nail polish. I love it. But Audrey isn't even 2, and she's nuts about it:
8. Don't tell Julian, but I'm pretty sure that he's smarter than me already.
9. If Wade had not had the power of veto, our kids probably would have ended up with crazy-ass hippie names like Willow Juniper and Lavender Sage.
10. I have begun to limit myself to two cups of coffee per day, and it's a huge deal to me because I would like to be drinking two pots of coffee per day. It's not the caffeine I crave, but the taste of coffee is so freaking delicious that it's second in line after cookies in terms of things I think about.
11. Today I asked Wade if he was proud of me for only having two cups of coffee a day, and he thought that was ridiculous. Like, why would that be a big deal to anyone? But seriously. I want the coffees in my face hole now. I'm proud of myself.
12. I tell Audrey all the time that she's pretty, and tonight, she patted me on the shoulder and said, "Mama pretty?" And then I said, "Yes! Mama's pretty!" without even faking it. After spending so much time hating myself, I'm pretty proud of myself for that too.
13. Cussing is my favorite. I mean really, how versatile is "fuck"? It can be a noun, an adjective, a verb, and probably some other awesome parts of the English language that I'm too ignorant to know, like a freaking dangling participle, because I'm too busy calling people "fucknuts" when I'm driving and don't have time for knowledge of proper things.
14. Scoff if you want, but I love Bono forever and ever, amen. I want to have ten thousand of his babies.
15. Audrey and I have matching grey Tom's shoes that are both dirty and sitting in our downstairs shower stall, waiting to be cleaned. Hers are dirty from when she barfed all over herself in the car a few weeks back. Mine are dirty from when I pulled over quickly and ran through the mud to help her while she was barfing all over herself in the car. It has been weeks now, and neither pair has been cleaned. Because I'm squalor-ful like that. And BAM. There's a new word. Squalorful.
16. Seafood is straight up nasty. There, I said it. And I don't even have to feel like I'm being insulting to people anymore now, because last summer I finally got brave and ate shrimp, and it was kind of good. Not awesome, but kind of good. I didn't hate it. And then I woke up in the morning with rashes all over my face. One of them looked like a Hitler moustache, and another looked like a vicious hickey on my neck. And they didn't go away for weeks. So, seafood is nasty.
17. I'm not particularly good at fashion, and I hate going shopping for clothes. It's overwhelming. And I'm also pretty clueless when it comes to hair and makeup. Basically, I would make a great lumberjack.
18. If I were trapped on a desert island (does that even happen to people? I mean, you always hear of the hypothetical situation, but aside from Tom Hanks and those Gilligan's Island people, I don't think it really happens.) and could only have two foods for the rest of my sad, desert island life, I would pick broccoli and quinoa. But you know I'd be thinking about cookies. And coffee.
19. I love to sew and be crafty, but I don't know what I'm doing. Like, I don't know how to read sewing patterns, and I'd really like to learn someday.
20. Going to bed right now would make so much sense, but I always stay up later than I should because the very little bit of time that I am not touching a kid or having someone need me is extremely rare and precious and I don't want to spend it on sleeping.